Welcome to your Parent Council web site @ High Park Alternative School
FOR ALL ADDMISSIONS RELATED INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL SCHOOL WEBSITE
For all School related news and events please visit the Official School Website and check Twitter Daily!
We are a fun and engaging community - please visit our FUN STUPH section to learn more about all the various fundraisers and events (and so much more) then check out the School Council section to see how you can join in and volunteer for our great school! It's easy to make payments online thanks to our Paypal System and we hope to hear from you and stay connected in our digital schoolyard on Facebook!
HPAS Council eNewsletter for week of February 21st:
Welcome Back - Hope everyone had a wonderful & sunny Family day.
It's a short week and not much on the go... Except that this Friday is our last Spirit Day - start picking out which PJ's to wear! Read below and speak with your teacher about helping support our Grads via their cookie fundraiser!
Please check the school website for new updates/information - especially in regards to School Safety (this is the update sent via phone message last Friday).
Parent Council News…
1. School Council Needs You! Our Co-Chairs are looking for a team to run Play Day (our next and last Council Run/Community Event for the school year). Please reach out to Josh and Ben if you are interested ;)
We are also getting to that time of year again where we need to start thinking about our NEW Council Faces and Teams for next School year - we will be listing all positions on the Council Website this week and we hope you can take the time to look/consider joining us next year. We would like to get NEW faces on board starting March so that you can SHADOW our existing Leads and learn the ropes before we break for summer.
We are also looking for new Co-Chairs - - if this is you or you want to nominate someone then please speak with Josh and Ben and learn what to do next.
2. Call for Agenda Items: Our next Council Meeting is March 1st (Next week)~ if you have any business you'd like to raise or discuss at the meeting please send to Donna this week to add to Agenda.
1. February Safety Reminders: See School Website
February Safety Reminders - see attached (This was in the voicemail sent Friday)
1) Parent Safety Program (PSP) & morning drop offs
2) Parking around the school
3) Personal Electronics & student use
2. COOKIE FUNDRAISER:
Grad Trip Fundraiser - Cookie Dough!
School id: 3720752
Purchasers need to identify a "student " they are supporting; we have assigned students to each class: please contact your teacher to get the name of the Grad Student your class is supporting.
Need help? Call customer service: 1-800-667-2536
See the online catalogue & browse after logging on *Classrooms also have hard copies if you'd like to drop in and take a look! Cheques should be made out to Annette St. P.S.
Last day to order: Feb 21.
1. For any/all questions regarding Parent Council Events or happenings - please email our Co-Chairs Josh and Ben
2. Questions about School Life, news, events or classroom ? Please reach out to the office (Marlene) and/or your teacher
Have a great week!
p.s. Please PLEASE visit school website & twitter for daily School news and important information/updates:: This is how the school communicates with us daily :)
High Park Alternative School is a Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 community of children, teachers and parents working together to create a stimulating and nurturing learning environment. Established in 1981, we are an alternative public school within the Toronto District School Board, committed to being…
“...An accountable small school community that explores
academics and citizenship adventurously together”.