Welcome to your Parent Council web site @ High Park Alternative School
For all School related news and events please visit the Official School Website and check Twitter Daily!
We are a fun and engaging community - please visit our FUN STUPH section to learn more about all the various fundraisers and events (and so much more) then check out the School Council section to see how you can join in and volunteer for our great school! It's easy to make payments online thanks to our Paypal System and we hope to hear from you and stay connected in our digital schoolyard on Facebook!
Newsletter for week of November 28th
Firstly - a big thank you to ALL our Volunteers: Farm Fresh Produce, to mid-week Snacks, to Safe Arrivals in the mornings (woo hoo PSP) ~and all the countless other things you do for our school! Check out the yummy recipes on Facebook and keep sharing all your creative ways you are using your Fresh from the Farm fruits and Veg!
Reminder it's our Council Meeting this Tuesday night (child minding available)and there's a PA Day on Friday. You can start dropping of your Bag-To-School Donations now in front lobby of school!
Class Reps: Could you please reach out to your classes to ensure everyone is receiving this eNewsletter and email notices. Thanks so much!
Reminder to visit School Website daily to stay in-the-know: www.highparkalternativeschool.com
Important Dates/Events:: For your Home Calendars:
Parent Council News…
1. Bag to School > You can drop off bags of clothing, shoes (tied together), bags, stuffies, etc TOMORROW in the front lobby of the school. Bag 2 School will be picking up all donations on December 16th, the morning after our Winter Concert, so all donations must be in by December 15th. More info on our Council Site
2. Parent Council Meeting - Tuesday @ 7pm (Rm 106) Child Minding available in Betty's Room (102)
3. Financial Update: Please see attached the following for this Tuesday's HPAS General Meeting:
- Proposed Budget for 2016/2017
- Profit and Loss report for 2016/2017 financial activity to date
- Financial notes for Tuesday's meeting
4. HPAS Wednesday Snack Program
Can you Volunteer? Please contact Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns about the snack program!
5. Trip Fee's: Buy Online Now or see attached form (Due end of November please)
6. Let's Ask 4Villages | Weekly Q&A:
Stand Up to Bullies::: Have a READ of our first answer from 4 Villages! It's now on our Parent council site - Look under the Fun Stuph! More of your answers to be posted/shared this week!
Keep the great questions coming
1. French Class Rep to work with Helena: You don't need to be fluent (or even speak french) just a love of learning and helping research, source and present cool new ways to integrate French activities and stories into the kids classroom (even helping to arrange for volunteers to come in class too). Please reach out to Rebecca if interested and to learn more about role/expectations.
2. PSP: Parent Safety Program: It's here!! Each Morning from 8:30-8:50am
Be sure to pull right to the front of the drop off zone to allow 2 cars to fit. After dropping your child/children, signal to merge back into southbound traffic. A huge thank you again to our parent volunteers as well as Officers Mike and Ted for helping to implement this important program. Police will also try to be present at the end of the school day to remind drivers about safe driving practices! Want to volunteer? Please let Nancy or Edita know. We are looking for Tuesday and Thursday volunteers along with anyone who might want to be on a n ‘Emergency Back Up’ list.
3. HPAS Holiday Celebration: Thursday December 15th @ 6:30pm
The format has changed and we will be starting with individual classroom presentations in the classrooms (performances of not more than 5 minutes repeated. Once to allow parents to attend 2 classrooms ) followed by a couple performances in the gym with the finale being the whole school choir performance.
Details to be shared closer to the date.
1. For any/all questions regarding Parent Council Events or happenings - please email Josh and Ben
2. Questions about School Life, news, events or classroom ? Please reach out to the office (Marlene) and/or your teacher
Have a great week!
p.s. Please PLEASE visit school website/twitter for daily School news and important information/updates:: This is how the school communicates with us daily :)
Remember: For everything else happening at School please visit the SCHOOL WEBSITE!!!:
High Park Alternative School is a Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 community of children, teachers and parents working together to create a stimulating and nurturing learning environment. Established in 1981, we are an alternative public school within the Toronto District School Board, committed to being…
“...An accountable small school community that explores
academics and citizenship adventurously together”.